26-Dec-2017 10:51 a.m. - Minal Gulabdas
All courier & transport companies will be operating normal hours, except on statutory holidays when all branches and drivers will not be working.
Monday - 25th December – CLOSED
Wednesday - 27th December - Operations resume as normal
Monday – 1st January – CLOSED
Wednesday – 3rd January - Operations resume as normal
Best Wishes for Christmas and the New Year
From Everyone at GoSweetSpot.
11-Dec-2017 02:36 p.m. - Don Zhang
08-Dec-2017 02:30 p.m. - Don Zhang
The below message is from First Global Logistics regarding orders for the USA on the OMNI Parcel service.
As we are in the busy season with Christmas right around the corner, for any shipments requiring delivery prior to Christmas, we recommend that First Global receive your parcels by the 08th December, so that you allow enough time especially in the busy season for the parcels to get through the US delivery network.
We will do our best to get the orders to your customers on time, but there are no guarantees that they will arrive in time for Christmas if dispatched after this date.
Any delayed cargo will be prioritised on subsequent flights, but this can have a flow-on effect with other cargo being delayed as a result.
If you have any time-critical or urgent shipments around this time, please contact us ASAP to discuss options.
14-Jul-2017 10:31 a.m. - Minal Gulabdas
Road closures throughout the North Island overnight have delayed line haul vehicles in to most central and lower North Island destinations which will result in delivery delays to most of these areas.
13-Jul-2017 10:58 a.m. - Minal Gulabdas
- The Lewis Pass was closed all night. No outbound freight was able to leave Nelson, nor was any inbound freight able to be delivered to branch. Attempts will be made to move freight during the day – however, this is weather dependant.
- Greymouth and Westport are the same as above.
- Cromwell / Queenstown outbound freight connected, however the inbound truck is waiting for the Lindis Pass to open.
- Dunedin / Invercargill - both out bound and inbound freight moved smoothly by linehaul trucks, but there will be delays in van deliveries.
- Gisborne inbound will be delayed due to the gorge still being closed.
- The Desert Road and National Park Road were closed, which has meant that the North Island trucks travelling via State Highway One had to divert through the West Coast (New Plymouth). This is causing delays to most North Island centres.
- There is currently no access to Tekapo, Taihape, Raetihi, Ohakune, Waiouru, Dannevirke - due to weather (+ access to Foxton is delayed due to an accident).
- No Inter-Island ferries sailed, therefore no 2 day Inter-Island freight moved. We are waiting on an update as to if sailings will resume tomorrow.
What we do know is that the vehicle had left Auckland and was carrying approximately 25 cubic metres of freight for the Kapiti Coast and the rest was two day South Island road freight.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused but as yet we are still totally unable to confirm who, of our customers freight, has been impacted. To add to this we have several vehicles sitting on the wharf in Wellington also carrying South Island freight and these vehicles will not be moving until ferry sailings commence on Friday morning at the earliest. In this regard we will be unable to confirm who has been affected by this incident until the bulk of the South Island freight has been cleared after the weekend. Please bear this in mind when contacting us as we may have very little information to impart but will make every effort to contact you individually when we have more detail.
- The weather has eased slightly and roads have re-opened in the South of Christchurch corridor and units have travelled.
- North of Christchurch corridor to Upper South Island regions roads are closed. This includes
- SH1 North – East Coast – Closed - Areas affected: Kaikoura, Blenheim.
- SH70 – Peketa to Waiau – Closed - Areas affected: Kaikoura.
- SH73 - Springfield to Arthurs Pass (Porters Pass) – Closed - Areas affected: Greymouth, Hokitika.
- SH7 – Hanmer Springs – Springs Junction (Lewis Pass) – Closed - Areas affected: Nelson, Blenheim, Greymouth, Hokitika.
- Please expect substantial delays to all deliveries in these areas.
- All Cook Strait ferry sailings are cancelled. Please expect substantial delays to all Inter Island freight services.
- There are numerous TIL Freight units in transit, currently unable to travel (awaiting re-opening of highways)
- At present, freight is not moving ex Auckland into the South Island. Our team are managing all Auckland pickup services in a limited capacity to ensure our warehouse levels don’t reach unmanageable levels.
- The Lower and Central North Island are currently experiencing the impact of the current weather situation restricting normal freight services.
- Our Wellington Depot will also be closed today (13.07.2017) due to weather conditions with no freight in or out.