09-Jun-2021 04:42 PM - Rowan
Last night (08/06/2021), NZ Post experienced several events that have impacted their network and will cause significant delays over the week.
- Multiple events overnight have caused significant disruptions and extensive delays to our delivery network today – Wednesday 9 June.
- Disruptions are extensive – aircraft engineering issues, equipment breakdowns, road closures and vehicle incidents.
- These delays will be felt across the country, and the majority of products affected are items destined for Auckland, Dunedin, Invercargill and Central Otago.
- Smaller towns experiencing freight delays are as follows:
- Whangarei, Rotorua, Taupo, Tauranga, New Plymouth, Napier, Whanganui, Kapiti, Wellington and Lower Hutt.
- All perishable and urgent items will be prioritised. Please lodge these items into our network as early as possible so that we can manage this accordingly.
- We expect the delays within the Auckland and Dunedin centres to be fully recovered over the course of this week (including the weekend).
- All other areas across the network are expected to be fully recovered over the next 24 hours.
- We’re working hard to get these items to their destinations safely. Please bear with us as work through these disruptions.